1/2 pound of bulk Italian sausage 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup of onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour 3 cups of half and half
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning Fresh thyme, to garnish
1 can of flaky refrigerator biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place biscuits in a circular pattern in a cast iron skillet and bake until golden brown. This should take about 9-12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, to make the gravy, sauté the onions, garlic, and sausage in olive oil until the sausage is cooked through.
3. Then, sprinkle in the flour and cook for about 60 seconds. Next, whisk the half and half into the sausage mixture being sure there are no lumps. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Season the gravy with black pepper, chicken bouillon, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
5. To serve, pour the gravy in the center of the biscuit ring and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.