Here’s to yet another holiday classic!
Sweet Potato Pie on a Stick
For the Crust:
3 cups of flour
1 1/2 sticks of cold butter
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
6-8 tablespoons of ice cold water
1. Using a box grater, grate the butter and mix it well with the flour, sugar, and salt.
2. Mix in the cold water 2 tablespoons at a time. The idea is to mix the dough just until it comes forms together. Be sure not to over mix.
3. Refrigerate the dough for a least an hour before using. Roll in 1/2 inch thick and using a circular mold, cut out 3-inch rounds.
For the Filling
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
1/2 stick of butter, at room temperature
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of allspice
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup of sugar
*You’ll also need an egg wash (1 egg mixed with a few drops of water or cream), lollipop sticks, a pastry brush, and raw sugar to sprinkle on top.
1. Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes at 350 degrees until tender. Allow cooling slightly.
2. Mix the roasted potatoes with butter, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, lemon juice, and sugar.
3. Place a teaspoon of filling in the center of each of the dough rounds. Then place a lollipop stick in the over the filling and press it into the dough.
4. Place another round of dough over the filling and use a fork to crimp the edges.
5. Brush each pie on a stick with the egg wash and then sprinkle a bit of raw sugar over the top of each one. Then, bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.