It’s sooooo good. And you probably have all the ingredients in you cupboard already!
1 whole chicken, cut and pat dry
1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
1/2 teaspoon of hot Hungarian paprika
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar.
3. Once well combined, rub thoroughly over the chicken. Be sure to rub some of the seasoning under the skin of the chicken as well.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and rub it in as well.
5. Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and juicy.
Making this recipe now. Used a brush and brushed on the olive oil and then seasoned because we only eat legs and wings. Smells great and I chat wait to try it. My last child leaves for college on Sunday and my oldest is 32 and middle one is 25. I have always cooked. Just stumbled on your site and have been really enjoying trying out your recipes. Plan on coming the next time you are in North Carolina. Love cooking so I’m having a blast!
This recipe is a staple in my house ,my family loves it!