It’s quite nippy in the evenings these days. That’s true and even more so for the mornings. That means with the colder weather, I’m going to be craving heartier dishes. Here’s one that is literally the easiest thing you’ve ever done. Everyone thinks cooking like this is hard. I promise you – you just dump everything into a slow cooker (or in my case, a Dutch oven) and let the magic of low and slow heat work on your behalf! Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Short Rib Chili

6 pounds of boneless short ribs

1/2 bottle of good Merlot (any red wine will do though)

2 cups of diced onion, garlic, celery mix (I got mine right from the grocery store)

4 cups of beef broth

2 bay leaves

2 tablespoons of ancho chili powder

2 tablespoons of chipotle chili powder

1 teaspoon of garlic powder

1 tablespoon of dried oregano

3 tablespoons of brown sugar

1.. Literally, just dump everything info a slow cooker and cook on high heat for 4-6 hours until tender.

*If you don’t have a slow cooker, throw everything into a Dutch oven, cover it and cook for 4 hours on 350.

2. Serve with diced avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and chives.

See – it’s that simple!

Tell Us What You Think
0Like0Love0Haha0Wow1Sad0Angry

0 Comments

• SHACORRA GRESHAM
    Posted September 9, 2017 5:27 pm 0Likes

Can’t wait to try a test run on this recipe. Thank you for still sharing your recipes because you could very well have them available for purchase. Which we own your book also 😁. Waiting for greens and gravy NYC 😉

• Sonia
    Posted September 11, 2017 4:13 pm 0Likes

can you add some kind of beans?

• Ashley
    Posted September 16, 2017 12:30 am 0Likes

I made this recipe last week and my guy absolutely loved it. I was nervous to cook it for him because he is a chef but it turned out absolutely amazing. I added white onion, purple onion, green pepper and I used spring vegetable mix instead of celery mix because i cluldnt find it in the grocerystore. Thumbs up!

• Jacqualin Brown
    Posted September 24, 2017 8:46 am 0Likes

44:00 Cracked me up bcz I was admiring every bite you took! Lol

• MARIA RODRIGUEZ
    Posted October 12, 2017 2:38 am 0Likes

I made the collard greens omg they were awesome. Can’t wait to get your book. I found you on Facebook and been dieing to do more recipes. Love it and thank you so much for posting.

• Ron
    Posted October 28, 2017 9:05 am 0Likes

What is a good substitute if you don’t use wine or any other alcoholic ingredients.