Here’s a really great way to enjoy one of my favorite desserts.
Red Velvet Cake
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup of buttermilk
2 tablespoons of red food coloring
1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 cups of flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, vegetable oil, and buttermilk together until well combined.
3. Mix in eggs, red food coloring, and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour.
5. Pour in a cake pan that’s been buttered and floured and bake for 20-25 minutes until done. Allow to cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
2 1/2 cups of sugar
2 tablespoons of vanilla
About 1 cup of very cold heavy cream
1. Cream together cream cheese and sugar until blended
2. Stir in vanilla
3. Stream in heavy cream until desired consistency has been formed
4. Insert frosting into the center of the cake
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.