Despite which team you were rooting for in the NBA Finals, everyone can win with this dessert. What I love is that the presentation is super dope. Additionally, it’s easy to transport. It’s easy to serve. And you know what? It’s really easy to eat! Enjoy the recipe.
6 cups of fresh peaches, sliced (or frozen)
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/2 sticks of butter
zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup of good bourbon
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
2 tablespoons of cold water
store-bought butter cookies
For the fresh whipped cream
3 cups of heavy cream
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. In a large pot and on medium heat, add the peaches, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. The sauce should start to form.
2. Then, add in the bourbon, lemon juice, lemon zest, and nutmeg. Mix well to combine and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water until well combined. When the peach mixture has come to a boil, slowly add in the cornstarch slurry mixture and stir well. The mixture should thicken, then reduce the heat and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Chill the mixture until you’re ready to assemble to cobblertinis.
5. To assemble, using a mixer, whip the heavy cream together with the vanilla and confectioners sugar. Then, add the chilled peach mixture to the bottom of a glass, then top with fresh whipped cream and garnish with a butter cookies!