You know how much I loooooove creamed spinach. Well, this is such a clever idea. It’s super simple too. It’s great for a weeknight because it literally cooks up in about 20 minutes – from start to finish. Here’s the recipe!
Mascarpone & Spinach Stuffed Salmon
1 1/2 cups of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup of mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
3 6-8 ounce salmon fillets
1 tablespoon of your favorite Cajun seasoning
a pinch of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Fresh lemon to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and nutmeg until everything is well mixed.
3. Pat the salmon fillets dry and cut a slit in the middle (lengthwise) to form a pocket. Stuff as much of the creamed spinach mixture as you’d like into each salmon fillet.
4. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and lay the stuffed salmon in the skillet skin side down. Season the top of the salmon with Cajun seasoning and a little drizzle of olive oil.
5. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the desired temperature is reached. Sprinkle fresh lemon over the cooked fish and enjoy.
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.