You know how much I loooooove creamed spinach. Well, this is such a clever idea. It’s super simple too. It’s great for a weeknight because it literally cooks up in about 20 minutes – from start to finish. Here’s the recipe!
Mascarpone & Spinach Stuffed Salmon
1 1/2 cups of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup of mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
3 6-8 ounce salmon fillets
1 tablespoon of your favorite Cajun seasoning
a pinch of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Fresh lemon to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and nutmeg until everything is well mixed.
3. Pat the salmon fillets dry and cut a slit in the middle (lengthwise) to form a pocket. Stuff as much of the creamed spinach mixture as you’d like into each salmon fillet.
4. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and lay the stuffed salmon in the skillet skin side down. Season the top of the salmon with Cajun seasoning and a little drizzle of olive oil.
5. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the desired temperature is reached. Sprinkle fresh lemon over the cooked fish and enjoy.
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
I’m cooking this today. Please forgive my ignorance however I know there are different types of salmon, right? Does one work better than the other for this recipe?
Prepared this wonderful recipe last night. It was delicious. Thank you!
I made this tonight, with adaptations.
I used chicken breast.
Since I accidentally bought frozen creamed spinach, when I mixed it with the Marscspone, I thought it might be too watery, so I beat in a whole egg.
I ADDED sun-dried tomatoes.
It was delicious!
I tried this and nearly ate myself sick, thanks Darius!!!
This here dish has Jesus written all over it….it is anointed!
First time trying this recipe and it was delicious!
Need the recipe for the Creamed Corn Girts