You know how much I loooooove creamed spinach. Well, this is such a clever idea. It’s super simple too. It’s great for a weeknight because it literally cooks up in about 20 minutes – from start to finish. Here’s the recipe!
Mascarpone & Spinach Stuffed Salmon
1 1/2 cups of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup of mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
3 6-8 ounce salmon fillets
1 tablespoon of your favorite Cajun seasoning
a pinch of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Fresh lemon to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and nutmeg until everything is well mixed.
3. Pat the salmon fillets dry and cut a slit in the middle (lengthwise) to form a pocket. Stuff as much of the creamed spinach mixture as you’d like into each salmon fillet.
4. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and lay the stuffed salmon in the skillet skin side down. Season the top of the salmon with Cajun seasoning and a little drizzle of olive oil.
5. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the desired temperature is reached. Sprinkle fresh lemon over the cooked fish and enjoy.