Lobster & Bacon Mac & Cheese Pie
4 cups of cooked pasta
4 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of half and half
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 pinch of garlic powder
1 pinch of paprika
2 cups of shredded cheese – your choice (for this, I used what I had left over Gouda, Velveeta, Cheddar, and Fontina)
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup of diced cooked bacon
1 cup of diced lobster
1 prepared pie crust (recipe to follow)
*shredded cheese for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt 2 tablespoon of butter.
3. Then stir in the flour and cook for about 60 seconds while constantly stirring.
4. Add in half and half and continue to stir periodically while on high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, it should start to thicken.
5. Fold in cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and sour cream.
6. Allow the cheese to melt down into a smooth sauce. This should take about 3 minutes on low heat.
7. Mix with the cooked pasta, lobster, and bacon. Then pour into the pie crust and top with more shredded cheese.
8. Bake until golden brown and bubbly. Enjoy warm!
3 cups of flour
1 1/2 sticks of frozen butter
a pinch of salt
a pinch of sugar
6-8 tablespoons of ice water
1. Combine the flour, salt, and sugar.
2. Then, using a box grater, grate the butter into the flour and mix to combine well.
3. Add the water until the pie crust forms.
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.