I’m sorta a green and cornbread eating fool. I mean, I grew up with the combo plenty times a month. We had it so much it’s like you’re lost just having one without the other. I think the combo is perfect to stuff into salmon for a hearty and fantastic way to enjoy fish.
Here’s my recipe:
1 cup of leftover sauteed kale (of you could saute some up)
2 cups of leftover cornbread crumbles
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1/4 cup of minced onion
1 tablespoon of good olive oil
1-2 tablespoons of chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
2 6oz salmon fillets
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
Fresh lemon slices, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the kale, cornbread, garlic, onion, olive oil, and chicken stock. Mix well and combine all ingredients.
3. Insert slits in the side of the salmon and stuff each salmon fillet with as much of the filling as desired.
4. Season each salmon fillet with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and brown sugar.
5. Add the olive oil to the bottom of an oven safe skillet (I use cast iron) and when it’s almost smoking, add the fish skin side down. Once it’s golden brown, turn the fillet on the other side and place in the oven to cook through. Remove and serve.