I made this the other morning, and I just like to switch it up here and there. Father’s Day is almost here so this is perfect he’ll love it. This was sooooo good!
2 New York strip steaks
1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of chopped fresh herbs (I used Rosemary, lemon thyme, and tarragon)
A good sprinkling of salt
A good sprinkling of black pepper
1. Bring the steaks to room temperature (for even cooking). Then, rub with olive oil and season well with herbs, salt, and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, warm a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Then, add the steaks and don’t touch them for at least 2 minutes. You’ll want them nice and crusty.
3. Flip the steaks and cook to your desired temperature. Then, remove the steaks and whip up the sauce.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 tablespoons of butter
The zest and juice of 1 lime
1 good tablespoon of Hennessey (if you go a bit overboard, no one cares)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 clove of chopped garlic
1. Remove the steaks from the pan and add the garlic, lime zest, lime juice, and butter until the butter has melted completely.
2. Then, add the Hennessey and cook on medium heat until the liquid reduces to about half.
3. Pour over the steaks and enjoy!
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.