Crispy Honey Pepper Chicken Strips
Get ready for a recipe that cooks up soooooooo fast, dinner will be on the table before you know it!
2 pound of boneless skinless check breasts, cut into strips
1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
2 cups of flour
1 cup of cornstarch
1/4 cup of water
6 cups of vegetable oil
Honey Pepper Sauce for dipping, recipe to follow
1. Put the chicken in a bowl and toss with the water, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to coat well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and flour together and dredge the chicken strips. Shake off the excess flour and set aside.
3. Preheat the vegetable oil to 365 degrees. You can test it by dropping a pinch of flour into the oil. If it bubbles immediately, the oil is hot enough.
4. Fry up the strips until they’re golden brown and then drizzle with the honey pepper sauce while they’re still hot.
Honey Pepper Sauce
1 cup of honey
1 cup of sweet chili sauce
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1 pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients and warm in a microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir well to combine.