1 tablespoon of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of minced ginger
1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
1/2 cup of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
1 dash of red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon of cornstarch
1/4 cup of cold water
1 pound of jumbo shrimp, deveined and cleaned
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sliced scallions for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to broil
2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and roast in the oven until cooked through.
For the sauce
1. Saute garlic and ginger in vegetable oil until fragrant, about 2 minutes
2. Slice one whole lemon and add to the sauté.
3. Add the juice of the other lemons to the pan, along with the brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and rice wine vinegar. Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
4. Mix cornstarch and cold water together and add it to the boiling sauce. Stir until it thickens.
5. As soon as the sauce thickens, it’s done. Assemble shrimp over rice and add as much sauce as desired.
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.