I’m an envelope pusher. Meaning, I like to take ideas and push them as far as they can go. I love taking classic combinations and reimagining them into brand new ideas. My chicken & waffle caesar salad is a great way to pay homage to a classic dish while upgrading it for the culture.
For the Caesar dressing
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon of anchovy paste
-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
-1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
-1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
-1 cup of mayo
-1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
-2 cups of fried chicken nuggets
-6 cups of chopped Romaine lettuce
-4 frozen waffles
-Parmesan cheese shavings
For the waffle croutons
-2 tablespoons of melted butter
-1 teaspoon of dried parsley
-1 teaspoon of garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1. For the dressing, using a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients together well. Then, refrigerate the dressing until
you’re ready to use it.
2. For the croutons, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, dried parsley, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Then, cut the
waffles into bite sized pieces and toss them well in the butter mixture.
4. Arrange the waffles on a sheet tray and bake until they’re crispy.
5. To assemble the salad, toss the dressing together with the lettuce, fried chicken nuggets, and waffle croutons.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese shavings.