I love chicken and waffles. Well, I guess I love the combo a bit too much. Anyway, here’s my latest spin on chicken and waffles!
It’s really about assembly. There are a few steps.
1. Mix up a really good chicken burger with ground chicken and a few spices.
2. Grill the burger or sear it really good using a cast iron skillet.
3. Toast up freezer waffles with a little butter in a skillet on low heat until they’re crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
4. Mix up a bit of that special sauce. I mixed 1/2 cup of may with a tablespoon of ketchup and a teaspoon of pickle relish. Done!
5. Serve them up with some baked fries (just cut potatoes down to size and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper – put them on a sheet tray and bake at 400 degrees until crispy).
Here’s the recipe for the chicken burgers – they make 3 burgers!
1 pound of ground chicken
1/2 tablespoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of pepper
1 pinch of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Heat a heavy bottom skillet until it’s warm – preferably cast iron.
2. Meanwhile, mix the chicken, salt, and pepper together until it’s well combined.
3. Form 3 equal sized patties. Add the oil to the hot skillet, then add the patties. Allow them to brown on one side and then flip and let them cook on the other side.
4. Cook the burgers until there’s an internal temperature of 165 degrees or until the juices in the inside run clear.
5. Assemble the burgers and enjoy!
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.