I absolutely love foods on a stick. They’re super fun and because they’re on a stick, they cook quickly. Another benefit happens to be that things on a stick are usually marinated or glazed. This means they’ll be super yummy. In true DariusCooks.com fashion, this recipe promises to be quick and easy. It used chicken thighs, so it’s budget friendly too!!!
-1.5 pounds of chicken thighs (boneless & skinless) cut into 1 inch chunks
-6 bamboo skewers
-12 pieces of scallion, cut into 1 inch pieces (white and light green parts only)
-pinch of salt and pepper
-Yakitori sauce (recipe to follow)
-cut scallions, for garnish
-white rice, for serving
1. Put 1/2 cup of the sauce into a separate bowl and reserve for garnish.
2. Put some of the sauce in a plastic food storage bag. Meanwhile, skewer the chicken and scallion alternatively. Place the prepared skewers in the bag to marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat a grill pan. When it’s hot, grill the Yakitori until they’ve cooked through. Brush with the remaining sauce every minute or so while cooking.
4. When the Yakitori have cooked through, serve over white rice and garnish with scallions and a bit more of the reserved sauce.
-1/2 cup of chicken stock
-1/2 cup of soy sauce
-1/2 cup or mirin
-1/2 cup of Ponzu
-2 tablespoons of brown sugar
-1 tablespoon of minced garlic
-1 tablespoon of minced ginger
-1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
-1/4 cup of minced scallion
-1/2 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients well.
2. Add to a sauce pot and cook over medium heat until the mixture has reduced by half and has thickened slightly.
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.