Because you shouldn’t have to compromise for the culture just to enjoy brunch! I mean, this is perfect for just about any occasion. Plus, those refrigerator biscuits are so clutch, right? I looooooove them.
Here’s the original recipe from my cookbook. But, note – I adjusted a few things in the video just because I was trying to use what I had on hand. Either way, you’ll get close enough and your guests will love it!
Here’s the video:
For the fried chicken
-2 large chicken breasts,
boneless & skinless, cut into
about 2 inch cubes
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1 teaspoon of pepper
-1/2 teaspoon of granulated
-2 cups of flour
-1 cup of cornstarch
-1 egg, beaten with about a
tablespoon of water
-1 can of refrigerator biscuits
-oil for frying
For the gravy
-1 pound of sausage
-1 tablespoon of minced garlic
-1/4 cup of minced onion
-2 tablespoons of butter
-2 tablespoons of flour
-2 cups of half and half
-a few sprigs of fresh thyme
-1 tablespoon of ground black
-1 teaspoon of salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the biscuits into 4 equal pieces and bake them in the oven until they’re
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oil for frying the chicken. To season the chicken, toss it in a bowl with salt, pepper, and
garlic powder. Then, toss the chicken in the egg wash mixture and then dredge in a bowl mixed with the flour and
cornstarch. Shake off the excess flour and fry the chicken pieces until they’re golden brown.
3. To make the gravy, cook the sausage, garlic, and onion together in the butter until the sausage is just cooked
through. Add in the fresh thyme and flour and cook for about 60 seconds while constantly stirring.
4. Add in the half and half, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. Once the mixture comes to a boil, it will
thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, thread the chicken and biscuits on a skewer and serve with a heaping amount of sausage & herb gravy for
Never Miss an Update!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
Oh my I have to try this
Comments are closed.