One of the things I really enjoy the most is playing the two ingredient game. We normally have so much fun and you guys give me the best ingredients to play around with. I’ve been a little swamped with my move down to Atlanta, however this is the recipe from the last two ingredient game. What I love about this recipe is how simple it is, how incredibly tasty it is, and how quick it cooks up. I hope you enjoy!
-3/4 pound of Cavatappi pasta, cooked
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 cup of diced onion
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-2 tablespoons of tomato paste
-1 can of crushed tomatoes
-1 can of stewed tomatoes
-1 tablespoon of sugar
-1 teaspoon of dried Italian herbs
-1 pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
-red pepper flakes, to taste
-1/4 pound of jumbo shrimp, cleaned and deveined
-1/4 pound of lobster meat
-1 cup of diced mozzarella cheese
1. Over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Then, add the tomato paste and dried herbs and cook for 60 seconds while stirring occasionally.
3. Add in the crushed tomatoes and stewed tomatoes and mix well. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
4. To finish the sauce, add in the sugar, salt and pepper, and red chili flakes. Then, add the seafood and cook until the seafood is done.
5. To plate, toss the sauce with the pasta and mozzarella cheese and then serve while still warm.