Cake and banana pudding…two of my absolute favorite dishes – now, combined into one. Enjoy!
It’s really about making 3 different components and layering the cake with bananas and vanilla wafer cookies. Besides the recipes below, grab a handful of mini vanilla wafer cookies and also 2 bananas and slice them thinly.
I put the cake together by cutting it in half lengthwise, then adding some vanilla cream, a few banana slices, another layer of cake, and topping it with whipped cream and cookies. But, let your imagination run wild here.
Banana Pudding Cream Cake
Vanilla Buttermilk Cake
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup of buttermilk
2 cups of sugar
2 tablespoons of vanilla
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 cups of flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the vegetable oil, sugar, and buttermilk together until well combined.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir to combine.
4. Add the salt, baking soda, and flour and mix until well combined.
5. Pour into ramekins that are buttered and floured (so they don’t stick) and bake for 17-20 minutes. A good way to test if the cakes are done is to stick a tooth pick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cakes are done.
6. Allow them to cool and then slice them in half lengthwise.
1 box of French vanilla instant pudding mix
1 small can of sweetened condensed milk
4 cups of fresh whipped cream (already whipped)
1 cup of very cold milk
1. Mix the instant pudding with the cold milk and let it set for about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
3. Lastly, gently fold in the whipped cream and combine well.
1 cup of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until the cream is light and fluffy