Honestly, I love mac and cheese. I could eat it almost every day – no seriously, I could. Here’s the only recipe you’ll ever need!
6 cups of cooked pasta (elbow macaroni works best)
1 stick of butter
4 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of half and half
1 cup of heavy cream (optional)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
4 cups of shredded cheese – your choice (for this, I used what I had left over Havarti, Parmesan, White Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Gouda, and Velveeta)
1/2 cup of sour cream
*shredded cheese for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Then stir in the flour and cook for about 60 seconds while constantly stirring.
4. Add in half and half and heavy cream and continue to stir periodically while on high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, it should start to thicken.
5. Fold in cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder and sour cream.
6. Allow the cheese to melt down into a smooth sauce. This should take about 3 minutes on low heat.
7. Mix with the cooked pasta and pour into a baking dish and top with more shredded cheese.
8. Bake until golden brown and bubbly. Enjoy warm!