The beauty of this dish isn’t really the salmon…well, it kinda is – but it’s the cilantro chimichurri that goes on top!
Here’s the recipe:
2 salmon fillets
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
For the chimichurri:
2 cups of cilantro, leaves and stems
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of sugar
3/4 cup of olive oil
2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, heat an oven safe skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil.
3. Season the fish liberally with salt and pepper.
4. Add the fish to the pan and let it cook for 90 seconds before flipping and throwing it into the oven to finish cooking through.
5. Place the fish in the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes. Afterwards, remove from the oven and let the fish rest for about 5 minutes before eating. Top with Chimichurri and serve.
The chimichurri is easy – just dump every thing into a food processor and blend until smooth.