How many ways can one love a potato? There are way too many. I’m always looking at ways to make them taste even better than they are. That’s why my mascarpone mashed potatoes completely rule! They kick ass – in the best way possible.
2 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes
2 garlic cloves
3/4th to 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
1 teaspoon of white pepper
About 6 tablespoons of butter
About 1/2 cup of half and half
1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese
*butter for garnish
1. Cut all the potatoes to similar size and then boil the potatoes until they’re fork tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and then mash them by hand.
3. Add in the salt, pepper, and butter. Then, mix well.
4. Add in the half and half and stir well to combine. Taste the potatoes to see if the salt or pepper levels to need to be adjusted. If so, add more to taste.
5. Lastly, garnish with more butter and enjoy.