I mean, does it get any better than this? You combine two of my favorite ingredients into one delicious meal. And, it’s super easy too. Here’s how you do it:
Philly Cheese Steak Mac & Cheese
1/2 pound of sliced deli roast beef
1 medium onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
2 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of half and half
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of shredded white cheddar
1 cup of shredded smoked Gouda
1 cup of shredded mozzarella
1 cup of shredded cheddar
1 pound of elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large pot, saute the onion and bell pepper in olive oil until translucent. Then season with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
3. Stir in the flour and let the flour cook for about 60 seconds or so.
4. Then, pour in the half and half and when the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat. Add in the sour cream and all the cheese. Be sure you save some cheese for sprinkling over the top.
5. Once the cheese has melted and the sauce is thick, stir in the macaroni and the shredded deli roast beef. Pour into a baking dish and top with the left over cheese.