I absolutely love #TwoIngredientGame because you guys pick some amazing ingredients. Tonight, I had fish and coconut. I added coconut milk to the soup and made a delicious pan seared Chilean sea bass. Here’s the recipe:
Roasted Red Pepper & Coconut Soup
-4 large roasted red peppers
-1/2 of sliced fennel
-1/2 diced thick cut bacon
-1/2 cup of chopped onion
-2 whole garlic cloves
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 cup of coconut milk
-2 cups of chicken stock
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the onion, bacon, garlic, and fennel in olive oil until the bacon has cooked through.
2. Add in the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
3. Then, blend the contents of the soup with the roasted red peppers in a blender until smooth.
4. Taste and add salt/pepper if needed. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
Pan Seared Sea Bass
-1 Chilean sea bass fillet – 4 oz.
-1/2 tablespoon of Kosher salt
-1/2 tablespoon of flour
-2 tablespoons of flour
-1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, get a cast iron skillet hot on the stove.
2. Season the fish liberally with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Shake off the excess flour.
3. Add the oil to the pan and when it’s just about smoking, cook the fish on one side until it’s golden brown and then flip, and place in the oven. Let the finish cook to your desired temperature.
Tequila Lime Vinaigrette
-The juice of 2 limes
-1 pinch of salt
-1 pinch of pepper
-1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
-2 teaspoons of tequila
-1/2 cup of olive oil
-1 garlic clove, minced
1. Throw all the ingredients except for the oil in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Then, drizzle in the olive oil while the blender is going until the dressing is nice and thick.
3. Lastly, toss with frisee lettuce for the garnish on the fish.