This is the last dish in my Weeknight Pasta Dinner Series! I hope you enjoy.
Grilled Steak Caprese Pasta
2 8-oz steaks (I used rib eye, but get your favorite cut)
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the pasta:
1/2 pound of angel hair, cooked and drained
1/2 cup of good olive oil
1 pint of golden cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of dried basil
1/2 cup of cubed smoked mozzarella
1. In a bowl, mix together the dried thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper until thoroughly mixed.
2. Massage the olive oil onto each steak and then liberally pour over the dry seasoning. Massage into the steaks and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to marinate.
3. Meanwhile, to start the sauce, saute the tomatoes and garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes. Then season with salt, pepper and dried basil. Cook for another 60 seconds and then add the butter and pasta.
4. Toss in the cubed smoked mozzarella cheese and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 500 degrees and get a grill pan or cast iron skillet super hot. Once the skillet is ready, toss in the steaks and sear them on one side for 2 minutes without touching them. Then turn them over, place in the oven to finish cooking through, and remove from the oven and let them stand for about 5 minutes before cutting.
6. Serve by placing the pasta dish on the bottom of the plate. Then, slice some steak over the top of the dish.