Green Bean Casserole Bread Pudding
1/2 pound of fresh green beans, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
2 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of butter
3 cups of half and half
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 cup of shredded fontina cheese
1 cup of diced cooked bacon
4 cups of croissants, cut into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 cups of french fried onions
For the cream sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. On medium heat, melt the butter. Once it’s melted whisk in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes while stirring often.
3. Add in the half and half and season with salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg. Stir until the mixture thickens.
4. Remove from the heat and add in the cheese, bacon, and croissants. Stir well to combine.
5. Pour mixture into a casserole dish and top with french fried onions. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.