10 Cheese Mac & Cheese
“Honestly, I love mac and cheese. I could eat it almost every day – no seriously, I could. Here’s the only recipe you’ll ever need!” is what I wrote before. Now, I’m revising it to this recipe. It literally is the only one you’ll ever need. Like, seriously.
Ten Cheese Mac & Cheese!!! The only recipe you’ll ever need!
Ten Cheese Mac & Cheese!!! The only recipe you'll ever need!
Posted by Darius Williams on Monday, April 17, 2017
6 cups of cooked pasta (elbow macaroni works best)
1 stick of butter
4 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of half and half
1 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
a good pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
4-5 cups of shredded cheese (Havarti, Gruyere, Auribella, Velveeta, Feta, Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, Mozzarella, Mascarpone, and Jack)
1/2 cup of sour cream
*shredded cheese for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Then stir in the flour and cook for about 60 seconds while constantly stirring.
4. Add in half and half and heavy cream and continue to stir periodically while on high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, it should start to thicken.
5. Fold in cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and sour cream.
6. Allow the cheese to melt down into a smooth sauce. This should take about 3 minutes on low heat.
7. Mix with the cooked pasta and pour into a baking dish and top with more shredded cheese.
8. Bake until golden brown and bubbly. Enjoy warm!